One Year On - Director's Cut
Time has ebbed back and forward for many months now since I last broadcasted my observations. People have come and gone, places seen and experiences had. I've had the time of my life and alot of things have changed me since this blog was first born in Autumn of 2003. Proceding this post, is a summary of the past year or so.
P.S. Much love and kudos to Agent FareEvader for code inspiration.
First of, what's with the new look?
Befitting the different context of this blog to the last, it was essential to enhance it but also link in with the theme. First and above all, the Earthy tones represent the world where we reside on, the life we live here on this rock foundation. Also, I'm a fanatic of Nandos and so I intepreted their colour scheme into something warm and also it made me feel warmer as this revamped blog was re-released in the cold Winter of 2004. The oddity of using Italian based links on a pre-dominant English site was decided on for originality, embrace the "hotness" of the chilli, and also because I have a strong interest in all things relating to the Italian culture. Furthermore, the red tones, orange, denote something warm and hot and serves as a foundation for this blog as there will be, at times, controversial things observed, stated, taboo and risque. Be sure to read the disclaimer. There will be nothing left unsaid, unabridged, or untouched. Life has mixed complexities and muti-dimensional levels and so nothing will be left out, not even the dangerous aspects.
The green in the colour scheme is not only my favourite colour but a reflection on my Irish background, but also a reminder of nature, that man is always at peril of it. The feather quills obviously are used to write whilst chilli's symbolise the occasional hot and dangerous nature of this blog and the controversial posts that may be made. If mention at any one point throughout this blog to the initials, FE, then (in case you dont have your thinking cap on) they are my initials, Filmmaker Extraordinnaire.
What's to be expected?
Essentially it's a conclusive blog to the former one that you knew. It's still here but archived. This one sees things in a different light for I'm no longer a teenager, doing second year Uni, and on the verge of creating myself a career in the world of animation and film. More importantly though, the experiences I had between now and last time I blogged anything substantial, have matured and proceeded me beyond years in ways I could never dream about. Considering this, it's only fitting that this be the second part to the chronicles of "The Written Word". "Poetry In Motion" denotes the motion of words that can have so much meaning to us, or so little to some. One day, I hope, this blog will base the form of not only an autobiographical book, but an autobiographical film about the world I reside in, the hum drum, the abnormal throught processes I have, the chaos that rules the world around me, but the little others around me do to make something of it. The chances we have, the chances I have, to become something powerful, so powerful that we might change the world, inspire the people, and walk this earth leaving in wake an impression that time can never erode away. To know we did something great when we had the chance because of the small ideas we had, the minute struggles, the determined mind, the words we said, the written words.
1 Comments:
WOW! I already have gas.
Pffnnnrrrrtt.
Post a Comment
<< Home