Locking Horns
Whilst waiting for a freshly cooked sausage roll at my favourite pie shop on Clarendon during a break from Uni, I flicked through the nearest tabloid and discovered this article.
I'm familiar with these two guys. What the paper at hand failed to mention is that both men are street perfomers. The Golden Guy does his still statue routine around Melbourne whilst the shabby bloke I think I met through this guy a few years ago. Since then, I've seen him playing his make-shift, home-grown drum kit of buckets and paint cans around the streets of Melbourne.
Spending a considerable amount of time in and around Melbourne these days I've become familiar with various street performers, some to be a personal favourite, the Golden Guy one of the favourites. Whilst the other chap I just feel plain soory for.
Clearly the John-Rhys-Davies look-a-like was after some extra cash due to his own street performing shortcomings. The above article reads as:
LATTE lovers in Acland St had ringside seats for a bizarre street fight yesterday. (Yesterbday being August 25th, 2004). It was all caught on camera by Herald Sun photographer Bill McAuley.
A street performer dressed as a Viking fought a 20-minute battle with a bearded foe in front of stunned onlookers in the busy St. Kilda street.
Witnesses said the Viking, spray-painted gold with a horned helmet and plastic sword, took offence when some of his busking possessions were moved.
"They just went for it. It was going to go on and on and on, but the police arrived," a witness stated. No charages were laid.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home