Pre-21st Life Crisis - Large McValue Me
We all know the famed mid-life crisis of your forties. Also the crisis of old age in our latter years.
But there's one that starts them all of, that one begins at 20.
It comes somewhere between puberty and your mid-life crisis. You realise a whole heap of things about yourself that you never imagined yourself to be at that age. Considering my 21st is just around the corner, I've found myself reflective on many things. Everything is fantastic with me, except a select number of things. This, over the next few weeks, is a rant\gripe\health obsessed\shit spill sequence of posts of a life crisis....at 20.
1. I am over-weight.
Yep, believe it or not, my figure has gone to hell. Dont get me wrong, Im not a fat bastard (for those who havent seen me) but it is my fear to become one, not to mention Australia is fast becoming known for it's obsese little shits and adults alike. Dount count me in that. I should be buff at this age but I'm anything but. I see my father when I look in the mirror. My love handles have increased, some extra rolls. I swear I'm pregnant too somedays. Yes I am male, a male who is body conscience and has concentrated focus on well-being and hygiene. Essentially my well-being\hygiene is fine but the damn fat - one predominant reason why I hate winter, that good 'ol mandatory weight gain that seems to plague most of us. I remember clearly how my image was great last summer. I often walked around the block daily whether it be due to boredom, relationship problems or the glorious dusk summer weather. (Luckily when I do get depression, I walk, alot). Knowing this, I know where I think I've gone wrong.
1. Computers - the downside to a digital animation course requires your ass on a seat for a good part of the day and then more of that at nighttime for work on various projects. As my lecturer stated, all the best animators are big fat buffoons. I can see why they are fat and good at what they do, it's synonymous rather. Me, I love all that gee-whizz bangery but I don't want to become a fat slob. I choose my outdoor scenes more than having my computer eventually skin-grafted onto my spinal chord.
2. Winter - it's inevitable for everyone that they put on weight to build resistance to the cold icy winds and pelting rain.
4. Food - I eat a lot these days. A large McValue meal before dinner or Nandos, dinner, and perhaps some pasta or munchies later in the night. Not everyday mind you but still, every kilojule adds up. Too much Maccas. Say No to drugs. That smell is irrisistible, a large McValue meal later, I'm guilty as sin. I don't have worms and it's not boredom. Sometimes I wish I had love sickness, then I wouldn't eat a crumb! Instant weight-loss! Unlike some, I don't loose weight from stress, I eat more. I know the solution is not bleumia, or familiarise oneself with the idea of anorexia but I think refinement in my food groups and ease on some would help.
5. Drink - I admit, I totally dig Guinness lately. It's brilliant. Not to mention, I'm a two-can-Sam when it comes to that beverage. Weekly drinks with mates down at the pub or their house guarantees a gut for sure. I've never spent so much money on grog than I have this winter! It's not that I have emotional problems, I'm just a typical Uni student doing the typical Uni student thing of getting pissed of a weekend and battling the coursework during the week. Seems fair and balanced. I'm caught in the vacuum of being a dinky-di pisshead of a blokesoexual, but fear not, I wouldnt ever succumb to that. Besides, a social drink from anyone is a temptation at it's strongiest for me.
Retrospective of all this, I'm saving my pennies for a mountain bike, (after the unknown fuckwits stole my beloved bike of 6 years from the train station two or so years ago). As soon as I save a few hundred or so, I'm taking off on my bike out into the wilderness. Riding those mountains into oblivion like I use to, and then struggling to find my way home again. The day I rode my bike for four hours upto Cockatoo in 36 degree weather is what Im talking about! Or the five hour circumnavigation of Phillip Island last summer where I skidded on the rocks and was saved by a prickle bush from a 30 foot drop - those were the days. I will make sure these days come again, eat better, and ease off on those large McValue meals. Then I may not look so pregnant.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home