Thursday - Monday
The Stuff That You Have Missed Since Then
Thurs was a day that I cant remember what I did. Except for JMC's shitty computers giving me the shits. As I left early I realised I had missed a tram. So I ran...and ran I did. Even if I had a sleeping bad whose cord was cutting into my hand and a "sardine-packed" school bag (The greatest bag I have EVER had. Many times it has been "sardine-packed" since 2001 and it has still lasted me after all this travelling). Once I was on the tram it was a case of somehow making old farts hurry the hell up and get on, so the tram can get moving. I ran to the point where I thought my heart would protrude, burn through my skin from being warm and falling out . I got on the 4:46 Taralgon train with 3 mins to spare.
Morwell was drenched and rain plummeted. Worse still, I had to wait in it. Kat and Co were having dinner. As I hopped into the Taxi I was so happy to see my love. It had felt like ages. As we arrived back home we hugged. It made me warm deep inside my heart for at a time of hardships Im having with Uni and life's obstacles all I needed since things came crashing down last Sunday - was a strong hug from her. And a good talk about it all.
Other than watching "A Simple Plan" DVD, massaging and relaxing in the arms of this Angel, I slept in peace.
Friday
SNES
A relaxing day indeed. Nothing spectacular to keep your interest or care at heart dear reader but it was a day of where we shopped for a B'day card for my longtime mate (fellow ex-blogger Adam), waited for lasagna, and shopped for a top at Supre for Saturday night's festivites.
On a side note, when it comes to winter or autumn, try not to sleep in too late. No longer have you just cleaned ur teeth and done ur hair for the day, it comes to close with it's early sunset and dark cold hours.
Kat had a ingenius idea tonight, she brought out her old SNES (Super Nintendo) where we spent the rest of the night playing Mario Allstars, Yoshi, and most importantly, Battle Game. Good thinking babe. I swear that game will continue to be popular for a long time for people like us. Other than hugs and intimacy from her, I think thats what I also needed to ease the stress - The Mario Bros.
Saturday
At least you can rely Mario and Luigi
We graced the streets looking like a million dollars. Kat in her white pants, brown cord belt, base\brown lace top, slicked back hair with two sexy strands of hair feely hanging over her face; and I in my denim flares and brown retro body shirt. If looks could kill.
Enter Trades Hall. After a dose of Macca's, we, particularly me, fiercely fought to find a toilet that is open, vacant, and with toilet paper, we arrived at Adam Chander's 18th Celebrations. He seemed taken back to see me there, and Kat by my side. Whether it was me or not, I felt his teary-eyes over the heartfelt B'day card that told him what is to have a true friend like him. Happy Birthday mate.
Neither of us couldnt help to feel soory for him. Here it was his 18th. His own mother opted for Church then be there for her own son's 18th, a good friend of ours just wasnt willing to fight his way to the party despite travelling shannigans, and not that many turned up. The bar was expensive and music more "atmos" than "dance". But it was his 18th and I was happy to be there for this longtime friend. I
I was so proud to introduce Kat to him and my other good friend Rob and his family. It really made me feel proud to know and be with a person such as her. I would get a megaphone and tell the world if I could.
As Rob, Kat and I walked up the infamous street that is Lygon St, Kat and I mused over buying alcohol elswhere. We simply didnt have such dollars for the amount of drinks we were after from the bar and we wanted to "kick our heels up" for a night considering the things each of us have been going through lately. Depsite Safeway's lack of LiquorLand, we found a Bottle-O. "4 pack of Bourbon thanks." "That'll be $10"
It was like highschool all over again. Drinking and smoking at the back of the building. This was all very well but we had nothing to do. So I rang my other longtime mate, Stefano.
Off we went to Flinders St. travelling amidst rubbish covered and drunken bum infested trains to Cheltenham. I couldnt help but to feel soory for Adam. We came and left not long after. But Kat re-assured me it was fine, after all, we had been there for 4 hours.
All Good Things Must Come To An End.
Here was our severe dilemma: Stefano's Arab pot-smoking flatmate decided to go psycho and not let us stay in Cheltenham for the night. "I am Jack's stress epicentre" I couldnt think what to do. Strangely enough it seems people are so use to me having a solution for everything I was promptly asked, "What do you want to do Wills?" I stared outside and I stared at Kat's knee. We were stranded in this freezing, foggy Satuday night.
Arriving at Hallam petrol station, I thought it would be best that I drive up there to Morwell (Our only option we had at the time). As I drove, Kat sat quietly and Stefano slept. Here was me, 2 bourbons 2 hrs ago under my belt, paranoid about police, driving into fog so thick you couldnt see the lines. I was scared. Everything had become so shit all of a sudden. What went wrong?
Just when things get bad, they get worse. Picture the speedometer in a non-heated car; 100kmh, 60kmh, staying on 30kmh on a 110kmh Highway and crawling this speed for 20mins out in the middle of the piercing blackness, blanketing fog of the night.
We looked under the bonnet and things were fine. If there was ever a night of sheer hyperthermia inducing weather, a night so dark you can cut it with a knife, and as quiet as a graveyard, this night would be it and more. The engine revved for Stefano and he drove us off into the night.
I sat in the back with Kat arm in arm. I had gotten so cold I couldnt feel it anymore. She was wooried and so was I. Am I cursed? Why wont things work for me? This thought process changed when the same power problem struck my mate. Quitly travelling through Moe and the fog, I started to laugh. Kat laughed too. You really have to laugh in times of crisis. As we laughed about our night we felt better about it. As we got back to Kat's, I couldnt help but to woory my guts out for Stefano's drive back home. Although Kat thought I shouldnt have driven home, I had to. I wasnt going to let my mate drive up there and back again and increase the risk of him falling asleep at the wheel. Rather me than him.
As Kat and I crawled back into bed, we finished our remaining Bourbon's and played Mario AllStars on the Super Nintendo till dawn. At least you can rely on Mario and Lugi to work.
Sunday
We didnt get up until 5pm. When we did, we played Mario Allstars again. After a refreshing shower and beautiful plate of lasagna we went back to the world of Mario until we had enough.
Monday
Successfully my alarm went off at 10:15. Welcome to the start of yet another week of Uni Gerard. Already missing each other and departing each other's arms, I went back to my travels.
Bob The Taxi Driver I thought would drop me off at Coles where I had to get money out for my Vline ticket. But no. He parked 3 streets away. I ran. I ran with the bag I had Thurs and the sleeping bag I never used.
Grabbing some cash I ran to the station and set off back to Melbourne.
2:45pm I came into the classroom. Ive been luck enough to time it right where I dont miss anything. To no surprise the net was coming and going. Today I felt slighly happier in a longtime at Uni, despite it was Monday.
No Place Like Home I was pissed I couldnt use the car for this much-needed w\end for Kat and mother's move. Other than trying to handle a convo of 4 pple-in-one, I searched for a way to move the goods from one st to the other. Kat and her mother rang alot of people, once again, nothing wanted to work. Enter my cousin Mark. After some wheeling\dealing and negotiating, he agreed to do it this w\end for $50. All I have to work out is how to get money for train fares.
From the weekend I had I feel as this night continues I can get my Uni assignments done. I feel refreshed in a somewhat subtle manner. I can do this and all with thanks to one special...extraordinary person I saw on the weekend.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home