Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Im really not a morning person.


Silverchair came blaring into my sleeping eardrums. "Why has Kat turned on the TV, especially when it is still dark?" Then I realised...it was Kristy and my eyes were closed. Detaching ourselves from the warmth we had created, Kat and I decided we should get up considering it was 8:15am. Kristy HAD to leave at 8:30am. Mind you we had to wait till she left the room so our nakedness could be dressed by our sleepy un-coordinated hands and blurry, sleep-encrusted eyes. Brilliant, we were out at 8:30 to brave the cold frosty Richmond air that awaited us. Kristy seemed quite pleased we were out by the time we had to be. Dumping my bags (one being a LARGE Myer bag containing my brilliantly warm doona) off at Uni in Sth Melb I was surprised to meet someone I know from a mate's 18th earlier in the year who might be doing Audio Engineering. Realising Im still the pov bastard I have been for the past few mths, I didnt have enough money to even get 2 potato cakes from Flinders St platform. Thanks to 5c from my gf we were able to gorge out on the fatty food that be-eth the potato cake. Walking around Federation Sqaure and gazing at TopArts I was woken up more by the surprised bumping-into of my good mate Rodney and his gf Celly. Bloody brilliant to see them again. Kat and I staggered out of the building to a 10:30 morning sun gleaming down on Melbourne where we sat and rested. Ever had that experience where you are so stuffed and cannot humanly do anything else? But you keep going? It was like that whilst walking up Flinder Lane and the tram-ride down Collins St, in between keeping an eye out for M>Tram or South Yarra Tram Attendants for ticket inspection. At Spencer St station we said our farewells and off we went in our separate directions.

After visiting one of my all-time favourite Melb stores - "Minnotaur" YOU GUYS ROCK! I realised I was on the wrong side of the road and saw my 112 St Kida\Fitzroy St tram coming down Collins. Off I ran.

My return to Uni saw me dozing off from the aforementioned w\end and ups and downs during the class teaching of sound. Other than that, being bored and ending up playing MarioKart 64 I was happy to go home when the time came. Just to top it off - it was THE most packed peak hour train Ive ever come across. Half lit I stood there with my old school bag and doona I put with a 30 yo Indian male in a 10 yo's body joking around about the lack of lights. Then there was the old Asian man chanting some obscure mumbo-jumbo.

The night was superbly topped off by my gf telling me she took the place in Dandenong - 1\2 hr away from me rather than 1 hr away up in the sticks.
As I showered and re-capped the w\end's events I thought how true it is that it is always good to come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home