And on the Seventh Day He Felt Shite.
After a heavy night all I needed was to wake up to my mate's ringtone and a very interesting video clip on the good ol' "Video Hits". - "United Stated of Whatever". It was the most interesting clip I've seen in a longtime since my days of getting up early to watch Video Hits untill a wank of a priest from my old school deemed it inappropriate and told my parents not to let me watch it. But anyway.
Having a family day that day I was promptly forced to get up and get out when my friends left. Taking the tram from Church St down to St. Kilda Beach I walked around aimlessly, gazing at the street market and any cast\crew from "Secret Life of Us" who were aimlessly wondering too and seeking a cubicle. "I swear to God it has been something I ate or some vindictive person I know put a laxative in my drink." Feeling shit as it was I wanted to do something to take my mind off it. Unfortunately slipping into the bad habit of woorying over small things, I thought my gf wouldnt be able to get down to Melb or miss each other at the designated meeting spot. So I went to Dandenong.
Again I walked aimlessly around Dandenong Plaza, waiting for 1.5 hrs for her to get up, have breakfast, shower and get on down. Waiting for another 1.15 hrs and some number of phonecalls later we met up at my home away from home - the cinema.
Recovering from our late night\early morning adventures we somehow managed to find the engery to check out "that Church" opposite Flinder St station then later onto St Kilda Beach. The night was brilliant. We strolled the beach and had an intimate discussion on the pier. It was near enough to perfect. Remembering the plan was to get back to my friend Kristy's flat before 7:30 we left and made way for the tram. SHIT...we missed it. Having no choice but to catch the 7:40. Kristy wasnt happy as this put her and her bf and brother out by 1\2 hr. She told us to go elsewhere and find something to do while they went out to a 21st and come back. I wasnt happy Jan. 30mins isnt asking someone of the world in this case to just wait. She said to me that she has never put Alex and Roger out in all these years making it sound like - "Well Ive known them longer than you so they get preference over you." Bullshit. If you want to play the game this way then no I have first preference as we were friends before we were even born.
Off we went on the tram upto Jam Factory where nothing took our interest. Walking up Chapel St and then Church St freezing our absolute arses off and other body parts in our short-sleeve t-shirts we were teased with multitudes of furniture stores with nice queen size beds and soft inviting white couches. We were just a couple of well-dressed nomads.
Seeking shelter at Crown Casino and enjoying some late night window shopping, we ended up huddled on the banks of the Yarra River with me wearing her girly but oh-so-comfortably-warm jumper under my shirt.
Whilst waiting for a tram on Flinder St some guy offering coffee and soup to the homeless yelled out to us if we wanted some. Seeing me with parts of the tight short white sleeves of her jumper poking from under my shirt he asked if I had broken it. Well....we thought it was amusing.
Entering Kristy's flat it had that uncomfortable atmosphere about it but I was glad to be somewhere warm ( as was Kat) with a bed we settled on the couch and watched Hollow Man. Thankfully Kristy went to bed as I was annoyed from earlier about her issue with us.
One of the best things about this day apart from whom I spent it with was ending up on a 2 air-mattress arranged bed in the loungeroom. Ending in deep discussion, warm cuddles and other warm activities, we slept like there was no tomorrow. One problem.....there was and it started at 8am for us.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home